Friday, June 18, 2010

Starting out

Hi, random reader,

So I've been meaning to start this blog for a few months. I thought it would be a good way for me to muse about cool car builds that I would like to see done but could not afford and probably will never do. I don't really have anybody to share these thoughts with anymore. I had some car-guy friends in SD and MN, but I find them a bit lacking here in WI. I could talk to my mechanic, but I don't see him that often. My brother is infrequently receptive to these types of conversations (although he did mention the idea of a blog for me to get this out). My friend Chad listens well and at leas plays along like he's interested, but I'm not sure how much is legit and how much is simply an act to appease my chattering. H doesn't say much, so it's hard to tell at times. I used to be able to chat with my dad about this from time to time, but he died a little over a year ago. (I'll probably have a post about that for the sake of historical documentation later.)
Anyways, so I have all these crazy thoughts about cars since I've been obsessed with them since I was too young to remember, and I need an outlet for the things in my head. I named this "Car of the Week," but I'm not sure if I'll have a consistent posting every week, especially on a certain day. I used to be thinking of a new awesome hot rod every week, hence the name, but I've slowed the rate to about bi-monthly. I'm a bit ADD when it comes to things like that. I see something cool and think, "Wow, I should get one of those!!!", but it will most likely never happen. I am trying to pear down my thoughts to focus on just a few cars that I could probably get and keep, but there's a bit of an imbalance in funding to make anything happen for the next few years, unless I get a big lump of unexpected money.
I've just completed my second year of college on my second round through. I dropped out of my first collegiate endeavor, but this one seems to be sticking. Sorry for the random jumping around of the subject here; I'm kind of ADD when I do things. I'll think of something, and if I don't deal with it now, I'll forget I was ever going to do it in the first place. That reminds me of an e-mail I should send, but I'm going to stick with this, and it will probably not get sent for a couple of weeks.
For the record, I'm just going to type however I think it (with some slight editing, mind you. We don't need to disable all the filters here. That's dangerous). I apologize if this is a bit too hard to follow, but hey, there's no gun to your head; you don't have to keep reading! Congratulations on that little revelation, and good bye to half of you! Enjoy the other boring things you're about to embark on reading. Moving on, for the rest of you who didn't jump ship while the sharks were circling... I forgot to tell the rest that bit, didn't I? Oh, well. You folks can look forward (from here on out spelled with an "e") to reading my spill-over from an overactive mind. In an interesting side point, I'm starting this at 5:30 in the morning after I spent all night not being able to sleep because I couldn't turn my head off. I found that quite fitting. Anyway, hopefully you don't find this overly boring and a major waste of time. I say "major" because this is definitely a waste of time by any standards. I apologize for my not understanding how to do this, but I'll give it the good college try. I would like to point out that this is my first blog ever, so I'll probably use that excuse in the next several posts as to why I wreck things... sadly that doesn't work with my thought process. So, in the great words of Strong Bad:

"Let's get this train wreck a-rollin'!"

Charlie

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the time is a bit off from what I said within the post, but w/e.

    ReplyDelete